Sunday, June 14, 2009

Crepes


So, I've made a lot of crepes in my lifetime...Some turned out great and some not so great! Tried different recipes, techniques and suggestions but were not able to get consistent results. After all those crepe trials and tribulations I'm happy to say that I have finally found THE PERFECT RECIPE:

Note: These are sweet crepes... if you want to make yours with savory filling, omit sugar and vanilla in this recipe:

1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1/4 cup of AP flour
3 large eggs
2 TBSP of sugar
3 TBSP of unsalted butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of kosher salt

Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth. The batter will be very liquid but because of that crepes will turn out very thin.
I served these with nutella hazelnut spread and fresh fruit. You can decide what you like best in yours.

Bon Appettit!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm... I have never made crepes with cornstarch before. I'll have to remember this to give them a try. Crepes are very good and so versatile! Glad to see other posts with crepes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... I love crepe! Perfect recipe? I must to try it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crepes are one of my all time favourites! I can't wait to try this perfect recipe :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete